This is the Traxxas TRX-4 Chevrolet K5 Blazer 4WD Ready-to-Race Scale Rock Crawler and Trail Truck with TQi 2.4GHz radio system, XL-5 HV speed control, and a Titan 21T 550 motor. The TRX-4 brings a host of new features to the scale RC truck world, now available for old school Chevy fans in a K5 Blazer version!
Requires: Battery and charger - see recommended items at bottom
Introduced in 1969, the Chevrolet Blazer was General Motors two-door entry into the booming sport utility market. Its shorter wheelbase and capable suspension instantly made it a favorite in the 4X4 world, earning the love of enthusiasts and collectors. Traxxas honors the rich history of the Blazer with this beautifully detailed reproduction of the 1979 K5 Blazer built on the renowned TRX-4 chassis. Outfitted with replica Rally wheels, a highly detailed chrome grille, and a full complement of scale details, the TRX-4 Blazer combines the iconic style of the Blazer with toughness and technology that could only come from Traxxas..
Take the Path Less Traveled
The Traxxas TRX-4 Scale and Trail Crawler is an all-new Traxxas design that is loaded with innovation that instantly obsoletes the status quo with exciting new features, versatility, and capability. In other words, we built it the Traxxas way, rugged, powerful, and ready for fun!
Underneath the authentic scale look is a machine built for extreme off-road capability that takes you to new places and new adventures. Exclusive portal axles deliver maximum ground clearance that dramatically turns no way into no problem. Whether you are enjoying outdoor trails or getting technical on the rocks, the remote-locking front and rear differentials and high/low range transmission provide unmatched driving versatility.
Traxxas TRX-4 Features
- Officially Licensed Custom Chevrolet K5 Blazer Body
- Scale details: grille, chrome bumpers, side mirrors, door handles, and wipers
- LED-ready headlights and tail lights
- Tinted windows
- Authentic decal sheet
- Full Nylon composite wheel wells and floor pans
- Trail-tuned XL-5 HV Waterproof Electronic Speed Control
- Fully waterproof design
- Five drive profiles
- Sport Mode - forward / brake / reverse
- Race Mode - forward / brake / no reverse
- Training Mode - 50% forward / 100% brake / 50% reverse (patented)
- Trail Mode - forward / brake / reverse / with trail-tuned drag brake in neutral
- Crawl Mode - forward / instant reverse - no neutral with 100% hill holding brake
- Traxxas EZ-Set one-button setup
- Large, efficient heat sink
- Wide voltage latitude 6-7 cell NiMH (7.28.4V) and 23s LiPo (7.411.1V)
- Two stage low voltage protection (LVD)
- Powerful Titan 21T reverse rotation motor with internal cooling fan
- Precision, preset gear mesh adjustments
- Motor retention separate from gear mesh
- Portal Axles
- Increase ground clearance
- Eliminate torque twist
- Steel gears
- Improve axle geometry and reduce strain on driveshafts
- Rigid Steel Frame
- 1.5mm thick steel frame rails increase torsional rigidity
- Innovative design allows four wheelbase positions (300mm, 312mm, 324mm, 336mm)
- Adjustable rear shock tower positions for SWB and LWB configurations
- Bumpers adjust fore and aft
- Rugged rock rails adjust for width
- Wire routing clips integrated into frame rails
- Full-time shaft driven 4-wheel drive
- Tough 6mm stub axles
- Steel front CV driveshafts
- Hardened steel rear axle shafts
- Remote locking steel gear differentials with cable-actuation
- Steel gear transfer case
- Innovative Battery Compartment
- Hinged battery strap allows quick and easy battery access
- No pins to lose
- Accommodates different height batteries
- Accepts full-size long battery packs
- Integrated compartment accepts smaller 1/16 scale batteries (with optional strap)
- Secondary front battery tray accepts smaller 1/16 scale batteries (with optional strap)
- Two speed high/low range with remote shifting
- Dual horizontal shafts
- Twin friction plate slipper clutch
- Easily removed for servicing
- Chassis mounted 2075X metal gear digital servo
- Superior 45-degree steering angle
- Direct steering (no servo saver)
- Steering geometry corrected for bump steer
- Front - 3 link with panhard
- Rear - Triangulated 4 link
- Heavy-duty rod ends with steel hollow balls
- 5mm diameter steel link rods with 4mm threaded ends
- Aluminum GTS Shocks
- Oil-filled coilover GTS shocks exclusive to TRX-4 chassis
- Silver-anodized aluminum bodies
- Threaded bodies with collars easily adjust ride height
- Silky smooth damping for the toughest trails
- O-ring cap seal and dual X-ring shaft seals
- Wheels and Tires
- Replica chrome wheels with hub inserts
- Pre-mounted 1.9 Canyon Trail tires with trail-tuned foam inserts
- Trail tuned S1 rubber compound
- 12mm steel hex
- TQi 2.4GHz 4-channel transmitter
- Traxxas Link enabled
- Telemetry ready #6533 5-channel micro receiver with failsafe
- Automatically stores and loads settings for up to 30 Traxxas Link enabled models
- Exclusive Cruise Control feature for extended trail driving
- Adjustable steering and throttle sensitivity (exponential)
- Adjustable steering and throttle endpoints
- High 13ms frame rate and near-zero latency for responsive control
- Patented O-ring sealed watertight receiver box keeps the micro receiver dry
- Sealed Ball Bearings
- Hex hardware with rust-resistant black oxide coating
All-New Chassis Design
The Traxxas TRX-4 Scale and Trail Crawler is an all-new design that instantly obsoletes the status quo with greatly expanded features, versatility, and capability. Performance and technology combine in a revolutionary new chassis that looks as good as it performs.
The TRX-4 is fully waterproof, not splash resistant. There is a big difference. Traxxas patented innovation gives you the freedom to tackle creeks, snow, and mud without worrying about water in your electronics.
The Power of Portals
Portal axles lift the truck at the wheels for huge center pumpkin ground clearance. In order to achieve the same clearance with straight axles, your tires would have to be over an inch taller than the tires on the TRX-4.
Torque Twist Eliminated
The portal axles use gear reduction at the wheels to virtually eliminate torque twist. The Titan 550 motors torque translates into straight, powerful, forward motion, rather than wasted energy twisting your rig right off the rocks.
Rigid Steel Frame
A heavy-duty formed-steel ladder frame with molded cross members creates an extremely rigid backbone. Youll feel the difference on trails when navigating technical terrain.
Remote Locking Differentials
Traxxas allows you to lock and unlock both the front and rear differentials remotely from your transmitter. New sleeved micro cables control the differential action for scale appearance, without limiting suspension articulation.
New GTS Aluminum Shocks
All new oil-filled coil-over GTS shocks deliver silky-smooth damping performance and feature threaded aluminum shock bodies for easy ride height adjustments. The convincing scale realism looks great and they perform even better.
High/Low Range Transmission
When the going gets tough, shift into low range for incredible 4WD pulling torque. Shift into high range for blasting down the trail. The TRX-4 Scale and Trail Crawler adapts to any situation or driving style.
3S Power System
The new XL-5 HV electronic speed control brings 3S LiPo capability for stronger, more efficient running. The powerful 21T Titan motor provides torque to tackle the steepest climbs and all-out speed on flat terrain. This efficient system provides up to 2 hours of run time with a Traxxas 3S 5000mAh iD LiPo battery pack!
TQi Radio System with Cruise Control
The Traxxas TQi features our exclusive cruise control for long-distance treks. Set your speed using the transmitter and then use the multi-function knob to fine-tune it faster or slower to match precisely the pace of your caravan of trail explorers.
Accessory Light Kits
Optional light kits (sold separately) illuminate the trail ahead and provide an authentic appearance. A separate regulated power supply ensures powerful lighting with consistent brightness.
Length: 20.62 inches (524mm)
Front Track: 9.78 inches (249mm)
Rear Track: 9.78 inches (249mm)
Ground Clearance: 3.14 inches (80mm)
Weight: 6.26lb (2.84kg)
Height (overall): 10.05 inches (255mm)
Wheelbase: 12.28 inches (312mm)
Approach Angle: 59 degrees
Departure Angle: 47 degrees
Breakover Angle: 59 degrees
Front Shock Length: 3.54 inches (90mm)
Rear Shock Length: 3.54 inches (90mm)
Front Wheels: 1.9 x 1.02 inches (49 x 26mm)
Rear Wheels: 1.9 x 1.02 inches (49 x 26mm)
Front Tires: 4.64 x 1.89 inches (118 x 48mm)
Rear Tires: 4.64 x 1.89 inches (118 x 48mm)
Hex Size: 12mm
Speed Control: XL-5 HV
Motor (electric): 21T Reverse Rotation
Transmission: 2-speed Hi-Lo, Remote Shifting
Gear Pitch: 32P
Differential Type: 4 Gear, Remote Locking
Chassis Structure / Material: Steel Ladder Frame with Nylon Composite Crossmembers
Brake Type: Electronic Hill Hold
Drive System: Shaft Driven 4WD
Steering: Chassis Mounted Servo
Servo: 2075X Metal Gear
Transmitter: TQi 2.4 GHz 4-Channel Transmitter
Skill Level: 2
Battery Tray: 158.75 L x 47 W x 23/26mm H
AA batteries for transmitter
6-7-cell NiMH flat pack or 2-3S LiPo battery
Currently, Willis Hobbies only ships our products to the United States (including Alaska and Hawaii) and U.S. Territories. If in stock, all orders are shipped from our New York warehouse within 48 hours of purchase. We cannot ship to P.O. Boxes.
Willis Hobbies offers FREE shipping for all orders over $399.99 shipping to the Continental U.S. Only (this does not include Alaska, Hawaii, U.S. Territories or P.O. Boxes).
Please note, we are unable to make any address changes after 48 hours. Please call us directly at 516-746-3944 and reference your order number to submit changes.
Willis Hobbies reserves the right to request signature confirmation as proof of delivery for certain products.
We are not responsible for any damaged items after the product has been received.
We are not responsible for carrier delays due to Covid-19, weather, mechanical or logistical issues.
Shipping charges are non-refundable.