This is the Traxxas Rustler 4x4 VXL Brushless Ready-to-Run Stadium Truck without Battery or Charger. Built from the ground up, incorporating all of the latest Traxxas innovations, the Rustler 4x4 VXL is equipped with a new chassis, clipless body mounting, self-righting, and is capable of 65+ MPH on 3S LiPo power.
The all-new Rustler 4X4 VXL is a hard-charging wheelie machine that captures the speed and classic style of the number-one-selling Rustler and injects it with brutal 4-wheel drive performance, increased durability, and even more fun! Bury the throttle and the Rustler 4X4 VXL launches its front wheels skyward as it shreds the ground underneath. Beneath the sleek clipless body, the heavy-duty driveline delivers extreme Velineon brushless horsepower. The larger Talon EXT wheels and tires provide versatility and grip for any terrain, from backyard trails to concrete skate parks. Rustler 4X4 VXL destroys convention to become the new performance and fun standard for 4X4 stadium trucks!
- VXL-3s Waterproof Electronic Speed Control
- Three Programmable Drive Profiles:
- Sport Mode - Forward / Brake / Reverse
- Race Mode - Forward / Brake
- Training Mode - 50% Forward / Brake / 50% Reverse (patented)
- Traxxas EZ-Set one-button setup
- Large heat sink
- Built-in two-stage low-voltage detection for LiPo batteries
- NiMH battery packs: 7-9 cells (8.4 to 10.8 volts)
- LiPo battery packs: 2-3 cells (7.4 to 11.1 volts)
- Three Programmable Drive Profiles:
- Velineon 3500kV Brushless Motor
- Ultra high-temperature sintered Neodymium magnets
- Optimized for power and efficiency in 1/10th scale vehicles
- Low-maintenance, unique Traxxas design
- Efficient, high-speed ball bearings
- Precision-balanced rotor
- Brilliant blue-anodized finish
- Up to 65+ mph with 3S LiPo battery
- Traxxas Stability Management (TSM)
- Improves straight line acceleration and braking on low-traction surfaces
- Maintains steering composure to allow throttle-on powerslides
- Never dulls throttle or slows the truck
- Adjusts from off to 100% assistance from the transmitter
- TQi 2.4GHz High Output Radio System
- TQi 2-channel transmitter
- Automatically stores and loads settings for up to 30 Traxxas Link-enabled models
- Programmable multi-function knob
- Adjustable steering and throttle percentage (dual rates)
- Adjustable steering and throttle sensitivity (exponential)
- Adjustable steering and throttle end points
- 5-channel micro receiver (#6533) with fail-safe security
- Patented waterproof receiver box with easy-access plug
- Clipless ProGraphix Body
- Easy one-handed removal
- Reinforced inner cage
- Strong oversized latch
- Rugged roof rollover protector
- Molded composite plastic wing
- Low-CG design for responsive handling
- Modular composite tub design
- Latching battery hold-down
- Reinforced integrated wheelie bar
- High-approach front bumper to climb curbs
- Adjustable toe and camber links
- New impact-resistant suspension arm composite
- Oil-filled Ultra Shocks
- Rugged front and rear shock towers
- White powder-coated progressive springs
- Chassis-mounted #2075 servo
- Dual bellcrank design with integrated servo saver
- New extreme heavy-duty driveshafts
- Oil-filled steel gear front and rear differentials
- Large 32-pitch gearing
- Torque Control heavy-duty slipper clutch with aluminum pads
- Anodized-aluminum center driveshaft
- Wheels and Tires
- Large 2.8" wheels
- 2.8" Talon EXT tires
- Sealed Ball Bearings
- Hex hardware with Rust-Resistant Black Oxide Coating
The all-new low-CG chassis positions the weight low for aggressive handling. The wheelbase has been lengthened 20mm for the perfect balance of stability and quick response. Brushless Velineon power flows through a larger Revo-Spec slipper clutch and new extreme heavy-duty driveshafts to ensure performance and strength.
The Rustler 4X4 VXL uses Traxxas' patented Self-Righting feature to keep the fun going, even when you get carried away with the wheelies or land that big trick upside down. Simply press a button on the TQi transmitter and, in most circumstances, the Rustler 4X4 VXL will be back on its wheels in just seconds and ready for more action!
Clipless Body Mounting
Similar to the flagship E-Revo, the Rustler 4X4 VXL uses a clipless body latching system for secure mounting and fast, one-handed removal and installation. The sleek, aerodynamic body features a rugged internal structure and external rollover protection for long life and Traxxas-Tough durability.
Revo-Spec Oil-Filled Differentials
The Rustler 4x4 VXL's heavy-duty front and rear oil-filled differentials utilize steel-gear internals for maximum durability. The sealed design allows for tuning of the locking action by varying the viscosity of the diff fluid used.
New, Heavy-Duty Suspension Arms
All-new heavy-duty suspension arms are beefed up to take the abuse of today's bashing. Made from a tough new composite material, these arms are made to keep the Rustler 4x4 going strong.
Extreme Heavy-Duty Driveshafts
The new Rustler 4x4 driveshafts are also strengthened in critical areas to handle the torque of this machine. The larger diameter half shafts offer the same articulation and suspension travel, but are rated for more power than ever before.
Optimum-Geometry Steering with Integrated Servo Saver
A dual-bellcrank design pivots on rubber-sealed ball bearings for smooth action in the harshest conditions. The integrated cam-type servo saver protects the servo gears from crash impacts without sacrificing steering precision.
A wheelie bar is an absolute necessity on a vehicle with the power and speed potential of the Rustler 4x4 VXL. The reinforced wheelie bar provides additional impact resistance for the bumper and also protects the wing during 100-foot wheelies!
Length: 18.78 inches (477mm)
Width: 12.94 inches (329mm)
Ground Clearance: 1.1 inches (27mm)
Weight: 5.12lbs (2.32 kg)
Height: 6.35 inches (161mm)
Wheelbase: 11.62 inches (295mm)
Front Shock Length: Long
Rear Shock Length: XX-Long
Tires (pre-glued): 4.5" x 2.3" (114mm x 58mm) Talon EXT
Wheels: 2.8 inches (71mm)
Overall Drive Ratio: 13.97:1
Differentials: Sealed, 2-gear
Brake Type: Electronic
Drive System: Shaft driven 4WD
Steering: Bellcrank with integrated servo saver
Top Speed (optional gearing): 65+ mph with 3-cell LiPo and 20/54 gearing
Skill Level: 1
Battery Compartment: 162mm x 50mm x 25mm, or 42mm with optional battery strap (included)
Battery 7-cell NiMH Flat Pack, or 2-3S LiPo (max dimensions 162mm x 50mm x 42mm)
4 AA batteries
Currently, Willis Hobbies only ships our products to the United States (including Alaska and Hawaii) and U.S. Territories. If in stock, all orders are shipped from our New York warehouse within 48 hours of purchase. We cannot ship to P.O. Boxes.
Willis Hobbies offers FREE shipping for all orders over $399.99 shipping to the Continental U.S. Only (this does not include Alaska, Hawaii, U.S. Territories or P.O. Boxes).
Please note, we are unable to make any address changes after 48 hours. Please call us directly at 516-746-3944 and reference your order number to submit changes.
Willis Hobbies reserves the right to request signature confirmation as proof of delivery for certain products.
We are not responsible for any damaged items after the product has been received.
We are not responsible for carrier delays due to Covid-19, weather, mechanical or logistical issues.
Shipping charges are non-refundable.