The Truman Senate War Investigating Committee called the North American Aviation P-51 Mustang “the most aerodynamically perfect pursuit plane in existence.” During WWII, it blasted trains, ships, and enemy installations throughout Western Europe. The “D” variant, outfitted with the legendary Merlin engine, gave the U.S. Army Air Forces a high-altitude, long-range fighter capable of escorting heavy bomber formations the entire way to Berlin and back. The E-flite® P-51D Mustang 1.5m also goes the distance — to reproduce the famous fighter with exceptional detail, handling, performance and presence. It’s packed with Extra Scale details and functional features including LED lights, sequenced main and tailwheel gear doors, flaps and much more, and is also equipped with a Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart ESC to deliver an unmatched warbird flying experience.
- The most detailed, best handling and highest performance large-scale P-51D Mustang model yet
- Scale replica of the iconic aircraft flown by the U.S. and other allied forces during World War II
- Extra Scale details including removable drop tanks, molded-in panel lines, guns and much more
- Functional Extra Scale features including LED navigation lights, sequenced main gear and tailwheel doors, flaps and more
- Factory-installed, high-power 6S-compatible brushless motor with large diameter 4-blade prop
- Fits 6S batteries from 3200-7000+mAh to deliver level flight top speeds up to 80+ MPH and unlimited vertical performance
- 100-amp Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart ESC provides real-time battery voltage, capacity used and other data via compatible receivers and transmitters
- Spektrum AR637TA receiver with full-range telemetry and industry-leading DSMX® technology
- Easy to fly with innovative and optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X® technology
- Nine factory-installed servos with precise ball-link equipped linkages
- Ball-bearing equipped wheels with diamond tread pattern tires for added scale appearance
- Retractable tailwheel plus main gear with scale shock-absorbing struts for operation from a variety of surfaces including grass
- Unique 3-piece wing includes center section with main gear plus outer panels that snap into place securely without fasteners
- No glue required for assembly and can be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery
- Large top hatch with molded in stop for added security of the quick-release battery tray
- Factory-applied “Lou IV” painted trim scheme offers excellent visibility
- Durable EPO airframe with carbon fiber and wood reinforcement
The P-51D Mustang 1.5m is the largest, most detailed and best performing replica of the legendary fighter from E-flite® yet! Along with an accurate outline, it also features an abundance of Extra Scale details including molded in panel lines and hatches, guns and removable drop tanks, plus a striking factory-applied “Lou IV” finish. Functional Extra Scale features include LED navigation lights, sequenced main and tailwheel gear doors, flaps and more. The shock-absorbing struts feature ball-bearing equipped wheels with diamond tread tires for added scale appearance and make it possible to fly from a variety of surfaces including grass, and reliable electric retracts operate the main gear and tailwheel. And at the heart of it all is a factory-installed brushless motor that’s compatible with 6S LiPo power—simply drop in a 6S 3200-7000mAh battery to achieve level flight speeds in excess of 80+ MPH and unlimited vertical performance! Both versions include a 100-amp Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart ESC, and the BNF® Basic version is also equipped with an AR637TA receiver that offers full-range telemetry including real-time battery voltage, current, temperature and more to compatible transmitters, plus the advantages of exclusive AS3X® and SAFE® Select technologies to make this one of the easiest to fly Mustangs ever. The unique 3-piece wing design makes transport and storage as convenient as possible because the center section includes the main gear and the outer panels simply snap into place securely without requiring fasteners. It’s also quick and easy to assemble because the factory-finished EPO airframe bolts together—no glue required—in less time than it takes to charge a battery. And it all adds up to deliver a warbird flying experience unlike any other with the mightiest Mustang yet!
- Full-range 6-7+ channel Spektrum™ DSMX®/DSM2® compatible transmitter
- 6S 22.2V 3200–7000+mAh LiPo with EC5™ or IC5™ connector
- Compatible LiPo charger
- (1) E-flite P-51D Mustang 1.5m with:
- (1) 100A Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart Brushless ESC (installed)
- (1) Brushless Motor (installed)
- (9) Servos (installed)
- (1) Spektrum AR637TA 6-Channel Receiver (installed)
- (1) Product Manual
Currently, Willis Hobbies only ships our products to the United States (including Alaska and Hawaii) and U.S. Territories. If in stock, all orders are shipped from our New York warehouse within 48 hours of purchase. We cannot ship to P.O. Boxes.
Willis Hobbies offers FREE shipping for all orders over $399.99 shipping to the Continental U.S. Only (this does not include Alaska, Hawaii, U.S. Territories or P.O. Boxes).
Please note, we are unable to make any address changes after 48 hours. Please call us directly at 516-746-3944 and reference your order number to submit changes.
Willis Hobbies reserves the right to request signature confirmation as proof of delivery for certain products.
We are not responsible for any damaged items after the product has been received.
We are not responsible for carrier delays due to Covid-19, weather, mechanical or logistical issues.
Shipping charges are non-refundable.