This is the Traxxas X-Maxx 4WD 8S Brushless Ready-to-Run Monster Truck.
The new 8S X-Maxx has been beefed up with new diff gears, driveshafts, motor cooling fan, and a wheelie bar to help keep the truck on its tires under extreme acceleration!
X-Maxx is an all-new, clean-sheet design, engineered from the start to take Traxxas Tough to a whole new level. Unrelenting 4X4 power, mammoth size, and ferocious determination makes this mighty monster a truly worthy successor to the Maxx legacy. At nearly 30-inches in length, this truck is a BEAST! The new 8S X-Maxx takes the 30-volts of power and turns the X-Maxx into the ultimate 50+MPH monster truck!
X-Maxx is enormous. Size wins by giving you the advantage to power over and through extreme landscapes. Mammoth 8-inch tall tires, long-arm suspension, and huge ground clearance dwarf the surroundings for virtually unstoppable Monster truck fun.
Wildly over-powered, X-Maxx stays true to form with its Maxx DNA. 8s 30-volt dual-LiPo muscle and a Velineon 1200XL Big Block motor propel X-Maxx with brutal authority and an exacting quickness that completely defies its enormous size.
Before X-Maxx, monster trucks would sometimes roll over upside down, bringing the action to a screeching halt. Now, press a button and in most cases this exclusive patent-pending Traxxas innovation flips X-Maxx back over onto its wheels so that you can quickly get back to having fun.
Traxxas Stability Management
Traxxas Stability Management (TSM) allows you to experience all the extreme power, speed, and acceleration that was engineered into your Traxxas model by making it much easier to control the vehicle on common slippery surfaces such as loose dirt, smooth concrete, and even ice and snow. It can be dialed from completely off to 100%, and anywhere in between, right from the TQi transmitter!
Insightful engineering and precise integration of innovative solutions set X-Maxx in an all-new category of superior performance. It's as satisfying and rewarding to use as it is fun and exciting to drive.
The full X-Maxx experience of strength, power, and agility relies on all the carefully engineered details that begin to emerge when you peel back the layers. Old conventions were discarded as every system and dimension was examined and taken to a level worthy of the Maxx legacy.
- Velineon VXL-8s Brushless Power System
- VXL-8s Electronic Speed Control
- 8s LiPo compatible
- Built-in cooling fan
- Machined heat sinks
- 10-gauge silicone wire
- Velineon 1200XL Brushless Motor
- "Big Block" brushless motor
- 4-pole 1275 Kv
- 5mm output shaft
- Aluminum slip-on heat sink
- Easy to use mounting method
- 50+MPH with two 4S LiPos, or 35+ MPH with two 3s LiPos
- Traxxas Stability Management
- Helps prevents spinouts and loss of control
- Adjusts from off to 100% assistance from the Transmitter
- TQi 2.4GHz High Output radio system
- TQi 2.4GHz transmitter
- Traxxas Link enabled
- TQi 2.4GHz 5-channel micro receiver (#6533) with fail-safe security and integrated telemetry ports
- Automatically stores and loads settings for up to 30 Traxxas Link-enabled models-just switch on and drive, "model selection" is not required
- Multi-Function knob
- Adjustable steering and throttle percentage (dual rates)
- Adjustable steering and throttle sensitivity (exponential)
- Adjustable steering and throttle end points
- High 13ms frame rate and near-zero latency for responsive control
- Telemetry-ready 5-channel micro receiver with dual channel-1 inputs
- BEC Voltage and Motor Temperature Sensors Installed
- New body mount system
- Quick one-hand installation and removal
- Uses pivoting rear latch mechanism
- Eliminates body posts and clips
- Full-time shaft-driven 4-wheel drive
- All-metal gears and CVDs
- 24mm splined wheel hexes
- Wheel hexes retained with a clip
- 17mm hex on outside of wheel
- Sealed, silicone fluid-filled diffs
- Splined outdrives attached with external thru-bolt method
- Heavy-duty fan-cooled slipper clutch
- Fully machined aluminum stub axles
- Splined aluminum center driveshaft
- New motor mounting system
- Precision, preset gear mesh adjustments
- No manual gear mesh adjustments are required
- Motor retention separate from gear mesh
- New modular composite chassis
- Rigid Chassis Structure
- Modular chassis design interlocks with front and rear bulkheads
- Motor mounts to rear bulkhead to eliminate gear crunching flex
- Easy to service and access components
- Driveline is sealed in the chassis to keep out dirt and grit
- New battery retention system
- No body clips or hook and loop straps
- Battery hold-downs pivot for easy access
- Adjustable for battery size
- More secure than conventional retention systems
- Integrated into chassis top brace for improved battery tray and chassis stiffness
- New steering bell cranks and servo saver
- New high-output steering servo
- Wired directly into the RX box, no external wires seen on chassis
- New mounting system to fully support case
- Double-shear, bearing supported servo horn
- Engineered to optimize suspension travel and steering angles
- All critical suspension points have double shear strength
- High strength steel suspension pins used throughout
- Suspension pins retainers won't come loose or "back-out"
- 4mm machined pivot balls
- C-hub and steering block geometry maximizes steering angle
- Adjustable roll center
- Fixed, high-strength camber and toe links
- Steel upper and lower tie bars
- Full contact sealed bearings used in exposed locations
- New GTX Shocks
- Machined aluminum threaded body
- Extra-large bore and capacity
- 5.2mm damper shaft
- Lower seal cartridge includes integrated wiper seal combination
- Adjustable upper spring retainer
- Plastic shock caps with pivot balls
- Fixed shock locations
- Lower spring perches bolted on
- Front and rear energy absorbing rubber impact bumper
- Lower front and rear skids for impact and abrasion resistance
- Integrated nerf bars for side impact resistance
- 8 x 4 x 4 inch all-terrain tires
- Large, dual diameter wheels
- 2-piece foam insert
- High-strength glue
Length: 29.84 inches (758mm)
Front Track: 21.26 inches (540mm)
Rear Track: 21.26 inches (540mm)
Ground Clearance: 4 inches (102mm)
Weight: 19.1lbs (8.66kg)
Height (ride): 13.79 inches (350mm)
Wheelbase: 18.92 inches (480mm)
Shock Length: 7.4 inches (187mm)
Tires (pre-glued): 8.0x4.0 inches (203mm)
Wheels: 4.3x5.7 inches (110x145mm)
Speed Control: Velineon VXL-8s
Motor (electric): Velineon 1200
Differential Type: Sealed, Hardened Steel Bevel, Limited Slip
Gear Pitch: 1.0-Pitch
Chassis Structure/Material: Composite Nylon Tub
Brake Type: Electronic
Drive System: Shaft-Driven 4WD
Radio System: TQi 2.4GHz Transmitter with TSM receiver
Servo: Torque: 365oz. Speed: 0.17 sec/ 60 degrees(6.0V)
Top Speed: 50+MPH with two 4S LiPos, 35+ MPH with two 3s LiPos
Skill Level: 6
Battery Tray: 197mm x 51.5mm x 44mm
X-Maxx, Ready-To-Race model with Traxxas Big Block brushless motor
VXL-8s Waterproof Electronic Speed Control
Quick Start Guide
TQi 2.4GHz radio system
High quality maintenance tools
4x AA batteries for transmitter
Currently, Willis Hobbies only ships our products to the United States (including Alaska and Hawaii) and U.S. Territories. If in stock, all orders are shipped from our New York warehouse within 48 hours of purchase. We cannot ship to P.O. Boxes.
Willis Hobbies offers FREE shipping for all orders over $399.99 shipping to the Continental U.S. Only (this does not include Alaska, Hawaii, U.S. Territories or P.O. Boxes).
Please note, we are unable to make any address changes after 48 hours. Please call us directly at 516-746-3944 and reference your order number to submit changes.
Willis Hobbies reserves the right to request signature confirmation as proof of delivery for certain products.
We are not responsible for any damaged items after the product has been received.
We are not responsible for carrier delays due to Covid-19, weather, mechanical or logistical issues.
Shipping charges are non-refundable.